NAAC Accredited College
Not wavering from the humanitarian and altruistic principles laid down by Swami Vivekananda, Vivekananda Mission Mahavidyalaya believes in imparting value-based quality education to the students of this rural area so that they can compete with their urban counterparts on equal terms and be victorious in the battle of life. The institution strives after comprehensive social development by sustaining the academic ambition of the less privileged students. Named after Swami Vivekananda, the College believes in the ideals of the monk that education must provide “life-building, man-making and character making”. We, at the Vivekananda Mission Mahavidyalaya aim to develop an integrated person – one who has learned how to improve his intellect, purify his heart, handle his emotions and stand firm on moral virtues and unselfishness. At the very portal of the institution, the immortal words of Swami Vivekananda “Be Man & Make Man” are inscribed in Bengali– “Esho Manush Hao”. By strengthening our students in both mind and body, the college aspires for making the ideal youth of India that Swami Vivekananda envisioned.
Vivekananda Mission Mahavidyalaya is a RUSA granted, NAAC accredited (second cycle), UGC registered college(under 2f). After its establishment on 9th August, 1968 the college has gradually prospered to become one of the leading higher education institutes in Purba Medinipur district of West Bengal and has been affiliated to Vidyasagar University.
The college began its journey with humanities departments and gradually expanded its academic space with commerce and science streams and introduced emerging subjects like Computer Science, Nutrition, Sociology etc.
For providing further scopes of higher education the college has introduced regular PG courses in Bengali, Philosophy and History under Vidyasagar University in self-financed mode. The study centre offers both BDP (Bachelor Degree Programme) and PG (Post Graduate) Courses.
• To promote educational, cultural, social knowledge and exercise of physical abilities among the students irrespective of caste, creed and religious faith.
• To inculcate values and virtues in our students.
• To train the students to execute the classroom ideas into real life and become a good citizen.
• To motivate the students in comprehensive and continuous learning.
• To promote originality and creativity in the students.
• To instil in the students the sense of duty and responsibility to society and the nation
• ARTS : Bengali, Education, English, History,Music, Philosophy, Physical Education, PoliticalScience, Sanskrit and Sociology.
• SCIENCE : Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Nutrition, Geography, Nutrition, Zoology
Vivekananda Mission Mahavidyalaya, an eminent college of Purba Medinipur, West Bengal was established on 9th August,1968 under the magnificent enterprise of the monks , brahmacharies and philanthropists of the Vivekananda Mission Ashram to cater to the needs of the locals for higher education. With its humble beginning , the institution has much flourished under the untiring assiduity and immense competency of the former principals and is still continuing its journey under the skilful and sincere guidance of the present Principal Dr. Manabendra Sahu.
Chaitanyapur (Haldia), Kukrahati to Haldia Rd, Sutahata, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal - 721645
03224 286223, 03224 287440
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org